Support solutions for the SD160 card printer featuring rewritable printing, inline magnetic stripe encoding, a unique ultraviolet (UV) printing security feature and intuitive operation, the SD160 card printer provides security and simplicity while protecting your bottom line.
Datacard XPS Card Printer Driver v7.5 for Microsoft® Windows® operation systems
The Datacard XPS Card Printer Driver uses Microsoft XPS print technology to support card production using an SD160, SD260, SD260L, SD360, SD460, CD800, CL900, CD820, CE840 & CR805 systems. The following operating Systems (latest service pack recommended) are supported with the XPS Card Printer Driver v7.5:
Note: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2003 R2 are not supported by this version of the Card Printer Driver and cannot be installed on these operating systems.
Documentation describing the installation and use of the printer and driver can be downloaded from the User Guides section.
ENTRUST DATACARD CORPORATION
DESKTOP PRINTER DRIVER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This Software License Agreement ("License") is a binding agreement between you as licensee and Entrust Datacard Corporation ("Entrust Datacard") as licensor governing your use of the Entrust Datacard printer software or firmware you are downloading. BY DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE OR USING THE EQUIPMENT THAT CONTAINS THE SOFTWARE YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, CLICK "I DO NOT AGREE" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, WHICH WILL TERMINATE THE INSTALLATION PROCESS.
License Grant. Entrust Datacard hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive license to use the accompanying printer driver software ("Software") with any Entrust Datacard printer. You may install and use the Software on any computer that is connected to the Printer. Additionally, You may make one (1) copy of the Software and any accompanying documentation ("Documentation") for archival purposes. All copies of the Software must bear any copyright or other proprietary notices of Datacard or any third party licensors as well as any restricted rights legends reflected on or in the Software, the original media, or the Documentation. This License does not entitle you to any updates, upgrades or other enhancements to the Software or Documentation.
Restrictions. Unless expressly stated in this License, you may not: (i) decompile, disassemble, attempt to gain access to the source code or reverse engineer the Software (excluding reverse engineering required by applicable law for interoperability); (ii) copy, sell, sublicense, lease, rent, loan, assign, convey or otherwise transfer the Software; or (iii) remove or modify any copyright, confidential or proprietary markings, legends or restriction which are on or in the Software.
Ownership. The Software and Documentation and all rights, title and interests in the Software and Documentation (including without limitation all copyrights, patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights) are the sole property of Entrust Datacard, its suppliers, or licensors, and you receive no rights, title or interests in the Software and Documentation except as expressly set forth in this License. All rights not expressly granted to you in this License are expressly reserved by Entrust Datacard. The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties.
Limited Warranties. Entrust Datacard warrants that the Software will perform in substantial compliance with the specifications for the applicable version of the Software in effect at the time of original purchase. Entrust Datacard does not warrant that use of the Software will be uninterrupted, error free or will meet your business requirements. The sole remedy and Entrust Datacard’s sole obligation for breach of this warranty will be limited, at Entrust Datacard’s sole option, to either (i) the repair or replacement of the non-conforming Software with Software that conforms to Entrust Datacard’s specifications within a commercially reasonable time; or (ii) the refund of the purchase price of the Software, and will not include any other action or damages.
The above warranty does not apply to any damages, malfunctions, or non-conformities caused to or by:you’re your use of Software in violation of this License or in a manner inconsistent with the Documentation; (ii) use of the Software with non-Entrust Datacard furnished equipment, software, or facilities; (iii) your failure to follow Entrust Datacard’s installation, operation, repair or maintenance instructions; (iv) alteration, maintenance or modification of the Software by a party other than Entrust Datacard; or (v) Software that has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, misuse, negligence or accident by you or a third party.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THIS LICENSE, ENTRUST DATACARD HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, AND WITH REGARD TO ANY COMBINATION THEREOF WITH OTHER SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRUST DATACARD OR ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSS OF ANY FUTURE REVENUE, INCOME, PROFITS, DATA OR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, EVEN IF ENTRUST DATACARD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRUST DATACARD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
Government Use. The Software has been developed entirely at private expense and is delivered as "Commercial Computer Software" or as "restricted computer software" as defined in applicable regulations
Term and Termination. This License remains in effect until terminated as set forth herein. You may terminate this License at any time by destroying all copies of the Software, including any Documentation, or by returning the Software to Entrust Datacard. The License automatically terminates without notice in the event you violate any material term herein, including the failure to pay any applicable license fee as invoiced. In the event of termination of this License, Customer agrees to execute a Certificate of Destruction or Removal of the Software, in the form provided by Entrust Datacard upon written request, and promptly provide such form to Entrust Datacard.
General. You may not assign this License without the prior written consent of Entrust Datacard. If any provision of this License is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will nevertheless remain in full force and effect. The parties agree to re-negotiate in good faith any term held invalid and to be bound by the mutually agreed substitute provision. The failure of either party to enforce any term or condition of this License does not constitute a waiver of that party's rights to enforce subsequent breaches of any term or condition. This License is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, USA, without reference to conflict of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act does not apply to this License. The parties expressly agree that any legal proceeding arising out of this License must be brought in the Federal or State courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota, and irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. This License represents the only agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior representations, understandings and agreements whether written or oral. Conflicting or additional terms contained in a purchase order or similar document issued by you cannot amend the terms of this License and are of no force or effect notwithstanding any statements to the contrary made in such document. This License may not be altered, amended or modified except by formal agreement in writing by the parties.
Software License Agreement – Desktop Printer Driver
Revised January 2017
This firmware is intended for all SD, CD and CE series card printers using the following versions of Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
Datacard XPS Card Printer Driver v7.4 Software Developers Kit
The Software Development Kit provides codes samples and documentation to software developers for developing Microsoft Windows applications that work with SD, CD, CE and CR series card printers and the version 7.4 XPS card printer driver. Samples are provided as source code and compiled binaries for Visual C++, Visual C#, Visual Basic, and java. Developers who need application control of printing preferences, application control of card movement, or require data from the card must use the SDK.
NOTE: The v7.4 SDK requires XPS Card Printer Driver v7.3 or later.
Software Development Kit License Agreement
Entrust Datacard Corporation Software
IIMPORTANT—READ CAREFULLY: This Software Development Kit License Agreement (“License”) is a legally-binding contract between you (“you” or “Licensee”) and Entrust Datacard Corporation (the Licensor, referred to as “Entrust Datacard”) for the software (“Software”) and/or the technical tools, dynamic-link libraries, programs, user manuals and application documentation (collectively the “SDK”) that Entrust Datacard makes available to you in connection with the Software. For purposes of this License the term Entrust Datacard includes where applicable the licensors of Entrust Datacard, who are third party beneficiaries hereof. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE YOU MUST COMPLETELY REMOVE THE SOFTWARE FROM THE COMPUTER SYSTEM ON WHICH IT WAS INSTALLED AND PROMPTLY DESTROY OR RETURN IT AND ALL COPIES TO ENTRUST DATACARD. An amendment or addendum to this License may accompany the Software. BY INSTALLING, COPYING OR USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. This License may also be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in a related sale agreement, quote and or Entrust Datacard sales order form (collectively the “Agreement”) between you and Entrust Datacard. This License may be issued in response to your purchase order, but in no event shall any terms or conditions of such purchase order override this License.
1. Installation. Unless specified otherwise in the Agreement, Entrust Datacard is not responsible for installing the Software.
2. Grant of License. Subject to your compliance with this License and, except for circumstances in which your use of the SDK is solely for demonstration or evaluation purposes, your full payment of the appropriate fees as invoiced, and, if applicable, compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement, Entrust Datacard hereby grants you a revocable, limited, personal, perpetual, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the SDK for your internal business purposes only unless and, in such case, only to the extent set forth in the Agreement or in Entrust Datacard documentation for the SDK.
3. Installation and Use. Except as may otherwise be set forth in the Agreement or where the Software is designed by Entrust Datacard to operate on a server and either your purchase order or the Agreement provides for a server-based operation for the Software, you may only install the Software on one (1) IBM or compatible personal computer (“PC”) which is either a standalone workstation or a networked workstation that does not permit the Software to be shared with other networked workstations. You may make one (1) archival copy for general backup purposes. If the Software is provided as a demonstration copy, you may not make any copies or distribute it in any manner.
4. Developmental Use. In connection with your use of the SDK for developmental purposes, Entrust Datacard hereby grants to you a revocable, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to make derivative works based on the SDK (“Licensee Derivative”) and to copy and distribute the original Software or any Licensee Derivative to others who intend to use such in conjunction with an Entrust Datacard printer. Such license is conditioned on your full compliance with all of the following conditions: (a) if you are providing a Licensee Derivative, (i) you must cause the modified files therein to carry prominent notices stating that you modified the files and the date of any modifications, (ii) you must provide a complete and intact copy of the original Software as well, and (iii) you must indemnify and defend Entrust Datacard from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, damages and expenses arising from or in connection with the sale, distribution or use of the Licensee Derivative; (b) you must subject all subsequent users, installers and licensees to the same or equivalent terms of this License (excluding this section 4), including the limited warranty and restrictions on re-distribution of the Software to others; (c) copies of the Software must contain all of Entrust Datacard or third party original notices of copyright, patent and trademark rights; (d) you may not state or imply that Entrust Datacard has endorsed, approved or otherwise promotes the use of any Licensee Derivative; and (e) you may include copies of the Documentation with any copy of the Software that is being redistributed by you so long as you do not alter the copyright notices nor the substance of the instructions.
5. Disaster Recovery Backup Installation and Use. If the Software has been purchased for disaster recovery backup purposes or if Entrust Datacard has explicitly permitted its use for disaster recovery backup purposes and such permission is provided in writing in the Agreement, you may install the Software copy on a PC or server for disaster recovery and pre-production testing purposes only. The PC or server on which the Software is installed must be turned off at all times, except for (a) limited Software self-testing and patch management, (b) pre-production testing, (c) database synchronization between primary and disaster recovery databases or (d) disaster recovery. Except in the event of a disaster, the PC or server must be configured in such a way that it cannot be used in a production environment.
6. Ownership. You understand and acknowledge that the SDK and Software and all rights, title and interests therein (including without limitation all copyrights, patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights contained therein) are the sole property of Entrust Datacard, its suppliers, or licensors and that you receive no rights, title or interests therein except as expressly set forth in this License. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically agree that Entrust Datacard exclusively owns and you hereby unconditionally assign to Entrust Datacard all rights to any and all modifications, enhancements, translations or adaptations of, or other changes to, the Software (but excluding any Licensee Derivative) and any improvement or development based thereon, whether developed, created or paid for by you or on your behalf. All rights not expressly granted to you in this License are expressly reserved by Entrust Datacard. The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties.
7. Audit. Upon request, you will make available to Entrust Datacard such data as may be required to demonstrate your compliance with the terms and conditions of this License.
8. Restrictions. Except as expressly stated herein, you may not (a) use, copy, modify, merge, sub-license, or transfer the SDK or Software, in whole or in part, except as expressly authorized in this License and in the documentation; (b) sell, license (or sub-license), lease, assign, transfer, pledge, or share your rights under this License; (c) modify, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, revise or enhance the SDK and/or Software or attempt to discover the Software's source code; (d) use any back-up or archival copies of the Software (or allow someone else to use such copies) for any purpose other than to replace an original copy if it has been destroyed or becomes defective; and (e) alter or remove any of Entrust Datacard’s copyrights or proprietary notices.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SDK IS PROVIDED AS-IS, WHERE-IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS AND EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY STATED HEREIN, ENTRUST DATACARD HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND/OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE AND SDK AND WITH REGARD TO ANY COMBINATION THEREOF WITH OTHER SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. TO THE EXTENT SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THEY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TERM OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN.
10. Limitation of Liabilities. IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRUST DATACARD OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF ANY FUTURE REVENUE, INCOME OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SDK OR THE SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES FROM THE USE OF THE SDK, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, EVEN IF ENTRUST DATACARD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRUST DATACARD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE SDK OR THE SOFTWARE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, EXCEED THE SUM OF ALL PAYMENTS YOU HAVE MADE TO ENTRUST DATACARD FOR THE SDK AND SOFTWARE.
11. Intellectual Property Indemnity. ENTRUST DATACARD, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO INFRINGEMENT OF PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADE SECRETS OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARISING OUT OF OR BASED UPON THE SALE OR USE OF THE SDK OR SOFTWARE. ENTRUST DATACARD HAS NO OTHER LIABILITY OR OBLIGATION TO YOU OF ANY KIND IN RELATION THERETO, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOST EFFICIENCY, REPLACEMENT COSTS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES.
12. Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (“UCITA”). The UCITA does not apply to this License.
13. Confidential Information. You agree that the SDK and Software are confidential and proprietary information of Entrust Datacard and/or its suppliers and licensors (“Confidential Information”). To the extent you have access to any such information, you agree to use such information only for the purposes authorized herein. You further agree not to disclose such Confidential Information to any other party and to use at least the same degree of care to maintain the confidential nature of such information as you use to maintain the confidentiality of your own confidential information, but not less than a reasonable degree of care.
14. Term and Termination. The term of this License is set forth in the Agreement. Either party may terminate this License for any reason for convenience at any time, provided you have first paid all outstanding fees whether or not then due and payable. In the event Entrust Datacard terminates this License for convenience, it will refund to you a pro-rated portion of the license and/or maintenance fees you have paid for the Software and/or SDK. Subject to the foregoing, any termination of this License will be effective upon notice to the other party. Effective upon any termination, your license to use the Software and/or SDK will terminate and you must immediately stop using it, destroy all copies of the SDK, and, upon request, provide an affidavit certifying compliance with the foregoing.
15. Export Restrictions. You may not export, re-export or re-transfer, whether directly or indirectly, the Software and/or SDK or associated Confidential Information to anyone or any location without first complying with the requirements of this License. You agree to comply with all export control laws and regulations of the United States, including, but not limited to those laws and regulations administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce acting through the Bureau of Industry Security and the U.S. Department of Treasury acting through the Office of Foreign Asset Control.
16. Severability. If any provision of the License is found by a court of competent jurisdiction unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from the License and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the License.
17. Waiver. No term of the License shall be considered waived and no breach excused by either party unless made in writing. No consent, waiver or excuse by either party, express or implied, will constitute a subsequent consent, waiver or excuse.
18. Assignment. You may not assign or otherwise transfer the Software and/or SDK or this License without Entrust Datacard’s prior written consent, whether by operation of law or otherwise.
19. Entire Agreement. This License is the entire agreement between you and Entrust Datacard relating to the Software and/or SDK and supersedes all prior and/or other contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to any other subject matter covered by the License.
20. Choice of Law and Venue. This License will be interpreted and governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, USA, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. All actions or proceedings relating to the License must be exclusively brought in a court located in Hennepin County, State of Minnesota, USA, and the parties hereby consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection to such venue.
Software Development Kit License – XPS Card Printer Driver (December 2016)
SD,CD, CR and CE Series Card Printers Windows Driver SDK Programmer's Reference Guide Rev E
The Application Programming Interface (API) built into the XPS Card Printer Windows driver (referred to as “the driver” in the remainder of this Guide) provides two methods that your application can use to control card personalization operations through the driver. Both use builtin Windows operating system interfaces.
Download a complementary trial version of the next generation ID software.
Datacard® TruCredential Suite software offers all the tools you need to efficiently design, manage and deliver secure ID cards and credentials.
Offering a series of feature-rich editions and an enhanced web-based user experience, the TruCredential Suite leverages core technologies to meet a wide range of application requirements and credential types. Please take a moment to fill out the form below. Once completed, you will be able to download an evaluation copy of TruCredential Professional Edition software for yourself and see why this innovative identification software is essential for your identification program.
The TruCredential software has a 90 day expiration date.
Click here to download Evaluation software version 7.8
XPS Card Printer Driver User's Guide
The XPS Card Printer Driver User's Guide provides information on the use of the XPS driver to support printing from many current applications.
XPS Driver 7.5 Release Notes
The release notes are for the Datacard XPS Card Printer Driver uses Microsoft XPS print technology to support card production using an SD160, SD260, SD260L, SD360, SD460, CD800, CL900, CD820, CE840 & CR805 systems.
Quick Install Guide for printers using the XPS Card Printer Driver.
SD160 & SD260 Installation and Administrators Guide
SD160/SD260 Installation and Administrators Guide (527527-001) This manual contains system administrator information and can be useful when designing, setting up, or implementing a card design program. The guide contains advanced user information including how to use the Printer Manager’s advanced settings.
SD160 & SD260 Series Card Printer User Guide
This manual provides user information for the SD160 and SD260 Card Printers. The manual includes: - An overview of printer components and options, and a description of the system label. - How to use the printer, including how to power the printer on and off, how to use the front panel and LCD menus, card processing basics, how to print a test card, and how to load and replace supplies. - How to perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
SD/CD/CE Series Card Printer XPS Plug-in Guide
This Guide explains how to use Datacard® ID Works® Identification Software, Datacard® IDCentre™ Identification Software, or Datacard® WebID® Identity Information Software with Datacard SD, CD, and CE Series printers
SD Printer Repackaging for Shipment
Repackaging Guide for SD Printers Rev B.